Monday, March 31, 2008

Word Processing

(The purpose of this blog is to share interesting ideas I have found in American professional publications dealing with the teaching of English at all levels, elementary, secondary and college.)

Topic: Word Processing, Part Two

Summary: Word processing contains a wealth of features that few of us explore or use.

In a technical writing class, the author taught students who were police officers how to use features of word processing with which the students were unfamiliar. Examples: editing in "print preview"; creating tables; using bullets; borders; shading; changing from single space to double space. S Tichenor. Teaching English in the Two-Year College (March 2008), 270.

Comment: [I don’t know about my readers, but I’m afraid I haven’t even begun to explore the many features of word processing. This article was a good reminder to do so. RayS. ]

No comments:

Post a Comment