Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Teaching

The purpose of this blog is to share interesting ideas I have found in recent American professional publications dealing with the teaching of English at all levels, elementary, secondary and college.

Topic: Reflecting on Teaching (K-12)

Title: “Musing: A Way to Inform and Inspire Pedagogy Through Self-reflection.” Jane Moore and Vicki Fields. The Reading Teacher (April 2008), 587-588. A publication of the International Reading Association.

Summary: Suggests that teachers take some time over the summer to reflect on their teaching and gives some questions to help get them started.

Comment: Most of the questions did not strike me as being personally relevant. They’re too “text-bookish” like those at the end of a chapter. They are not MY questions. I’m a big believer in brainstorming. I think brief sessions (15 min.) of brainstorming will raise questions that are important to me. That’ll get me started thinking about my teaching. RayS.

No comments:

Post a Comment