Monday, February 23, 2009

Writing Topic: Publishing

10-second review: Advice by a writer who lived the experience of dealing with rejections.

Title: “There Was No Quit in Her on the Way to Publication.” J Seewald. The Writer (February 2009), 14. The Writer is a magazine by writers for writers.

Summary/Quote: “Can you break through? I believe so. We all have something to say, something unique and worth writing about. Just remember to write, rewrite and keep sending your work out to editors and agents. Don’t allow rejections to discourage you (I’ve collected enough rejections to wallpaper my home many times over). I simply refuse to quit.”

Comment: The thing I like about the magazine The Writer is the steady encouragement each month to write on, even when discouraged by rejections Somehow, articles like this one make me feel as if I shouldn’t stop writing and I am at it again. RayS.

No comments:

Post a Comment