Question: What are some ideas and articles in the March 2011 issue of The Writer that I found interesting?
(1) The Kurt Vonnegut Memorial Library in Indianapolis provides his rejection letters, among other features. Karen Edwards, p. 9.
(2) A dating service on the Internet matches people by sharing their favorite books. Beth Morrissey, p. 11.
(3) All of the Paris Review Interviews are online at http://www.theparisreview.org./interviews. Chuck Leddy, p. 12.
(4) A new column. Peter Selgin reviews the first-page openings of [unpublished?] novels. Pp. 18-19.
(5) How to write a novel about a “passive character.” Susan Breen. Pp. 24-25.
(6) On writing the perfect sentence. Janet Tarasovic. Pp 26-29.
(7) Writers talk about how and why they use social media, like Facebook and Linkedin. Elfrieda Abbe. Pp. 34-36; 55. Includes some ideas I did not expect. RayS.
(8) Review of a book on writers’ most cherished books. Reviewed b y Elfrieda Abbe. P. 42.
(9) Information about publishing with university presses. Randy Rudder. Pp. 46-47.
(10) Review of the Antioch Review. Melissa Hart. Pp. 48.
Be sure to check out http://engarchive20-rays.blogspot.com/ for more ideas on teaching English.