Thursday, January 5, 2012

Reading Profile


Question: How can teachers assess students’ attitudes toward reading?

Answer/Quote:
Part I:

> What are your earliest memories of reading?

> What was the last book you read? Was it for school or your own reading?

> How do you choose a book? (Circle as many as apply)

I want to learn something

I like the author

The picture on the cover

A friend recommended it

My teacher requires it

The description on the back cover

It’s short

I like the genre (romance, adventure, fantasy, nonfiction)

> What is the best book you ever read?

> Do you have a favorite author? If so, who?

> What would you like to learn more about?

> If you could be any character from any book, television show, or movie, who would you be? Why?

Part II: Complete each sentence—

> When I have time to read….

> To me, books….

> I like to read about….

> I’d rather read than….

> I’d read more if….
 
Comment: I think I might throw in a question about using E-readers, regular books, magazines, etc. RayS.

Title: “Making Magic with Young Adult Literature.” J Haskins. Teaching Young Adult Literature, Mark Roberts, Editor. English Journal (November 2011), 101-104.

No comments:

Post a Comment